West Bengal Civil Service (Exe) Examination 2017
West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has issued a notification for the recruitment of several posts as categorized in Group A, B, C & D Services below on the basis of West Bengal Civil Service (Exe) Examination, 2017.
Those who are desirous of appearing for the examination are required to apply only after meeting the eligibility criteria’s mentioned later.
Applications will be accepted online from 04-11-2016 at 11:30 am to 28-11-2016 upto 12-00 midnight.
Vacancies available for the following groups, as mentioned above:
|SR.NO.||GROUP A||GROUP B||GROUP C||GROUP D|
|1||West Bengal Civil Service (Executive)||West Bengal Police Service||Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent, Central Correctional Home
|Inspector of Co-operative Societies|
|2||West Bengal Commercial Tax Service||–||Joint Block Development Officer||Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department
|3||West Bengal Agricultural Income tax Service||–||Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices
|Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department
|4||West Bengal Excise Service||–||West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service|
|5||West Bengal Co-operative Service||–||West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I|
|6||West Bengal Labour Service||–||Assistant Commercial Tax Officer|
|7||West Bengal Food and Supplies Service||–||Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation)|
|8||West Bengal Employment Service||–||Chief Controller of Correctional Services|
|9||West Bengal Registration and Stamp Revenue Service||–|
Who can apply?
- Candidates age should be between 21 to 32 years for services and posts included in Group A, C & D (i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1985 and not later than the 1st January, 1996)
- Candidates age should be between 20 to 32 years (i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1985 and not later than the 1st January, 1997) for services and posts included in Group B. as on 01-01-2016.
- Upper age relaxation is applicable 05 years for SC/ ST, 03 years for BC candidates, upto 45 years for PWD candidates.
Application fee (Online/offline payment facility available & dates to remember:
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 210/- + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs 5/- by online through debit/ credit card plus service charge as Govt Duty/ Service Charge of Rs. 5/- for Net Banking/ by offline with Service Charge of Rs. 20/- for payment through Bank counter (off-line payment).
- No fee for S.C/ S.T candidates of West Bengal & Persons with disabilities (PWD) candidates.
- Last Date to Apply Online, Online payment of fee & Challan generation – 28-11-2016 upto 12-00 midnight.
How to apply?
The procedure for applying is as mentioned below:
- Log in to the website: https://www.pscwbonline.gov.in/
- Dates from which applications will be allowed is from 04-11-2016 at 11:30 am to 28-11-2016 upto 12-00 midnight.
Note: The tentative date for preliminary examination can be 29-01-2017.
Following is the pay scale as per groups. For Group
‘A’ Posts – (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
‘B’ Posts(PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
‘C’ Posts (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
‘D’ Posts (PB-3) Rs.7,100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-
For any further detailed information, kindly visit the above-mentioned site.
All the best for your career ahead!